With Labor Day weekend behind us, it’s time to start thinking about pumpkins, football, and the holiday season. It’s hard to believe Fall is almost here!
At Buxton Marine Long Cove and Buxton Marine Lewisville, we hope you enjoyed the summer on your Nautique and wanted to give you some boat storage tips as you begin thinking about storing your boat for the Fall/Winter season:
Prep Now for Next Season
Don’t just store your boat – think about how you want to find your boat at the beginning of the boating season next year!
- Make sure all exterior scratches or dings are repaired.
- Research the best storage facilities to protect your boat during the off-season.
- Get a professional boat winterization to make sure the engine and systems on-board are clean and ready to be stored.
- Get a proper boat cover that will keep dust and debris off your boat while stored.
Deep Clean the Boat
Any stains, spills, or sitting water can lead to mildew, mold, and other issues when you’re ready to use your boat next season.
- Take all of your cushions out, clean, and then store separately. It’s even smart to get a boat-specific vinyl protectant and treat the cushions and other upholstery with that as well.
- Professionally clean all carpet on board.
- Check each compartment below to make sure there are no oil spills that could cause damage.
Maintenance is Key
Once you’ve handled all the external and cosmetic cleaning, it’s important to use these boat storage tips to maintain the engine and components.
- Carefully test all of the electronic components on the boat, and repair any issues before storing.
- Change the oil before storing the boat.
- Make sure the hull is properly supported during storage to prevent any cracking due to uneven weight.
If you aren’t sure where to start with preparing your boat for storage, call Buxton Marine Lewisville or Buxton Marine Long Cove today! Our service team will gladly get your boat ready for storage with our Lewisville boat winterization package, tailored to your boat and your needs. Call us today to set up an appointment!